Jess and I dropped GMan (aka Gabriel or Gabe to the rest of the world) off at college this past week. He new home away from home will be UTampa FL.
I was a busy week with picking up, setting up and we managed to get in a few returns also. Gabe’s roommate showed up later in week and as we’d say in Ireland “he’s dead sound”.
Jess and I had a few moments to take in the city and check out the scenery. Tampa is an odd mix of new and old with some very interesting buildings. Yup, the architecture designer in me came out a few times.
We also managed to make a trip to the Airstream capital of the world….about 20 minutes from Tampa. However, oddly enough every time we got GPS directions everything was 12 or 13 minutes away! Also, FL is way to flat for me….I missed landmark like hills or even a distant mountain.
It was tough leaving but Gabe was ready for this years ago, just needed to get through high school first. Have fun and we’ll be down when it starts snowing!
1. Friday nights ale. Don’t believe the name as it’s 8.5% so how could it be a FUNCRUSHER! Good stuff and exactly what I needed at the end of this week.
2. Drawer slide brackets that went out of production 30 years ago. A good friend said his 80 plus year old mom needed to replace some cabinet parts but could not find then. I measured up an existing one and printed a bunch on my 3D printer.
3. Once to get the plate you’ll get the picture. Spotted in 495 north.
4. JMan sampling some imported soda at a local Chinese restaurant.
5. Jammy Pants ale! The label was much better than the ale. Looked like thick Cranberry juice coming out of the can…yup its deep red/purple and it tasted like cough medicine. If my better 1/2 had not paid $5 for it I’d have tossed it. I can truthfully say that Bud Light would be better.