JMan made us breakfast this am. It was the best anniversary gift ever! Tasted great as well. Yes, before you ask….we were married on Halloween. For those counting it’s #22. Happy Anniversary Jess!
Jess and I dropped GMan (aka Gabriel or Gabe to the rest of the world) off at college this past week. He new home away from home will be UTampa FL.
I was a busy week with picking up, setting up and we managed to get in a few returns also. Gabe’s roommate showed up later in week and as we’d say in Ireland “he’s dead sound”.
Jess and I had a few moments to take in the city and check out the scenery. Tampa is an odd mix of new and old with some very interesting buildings. Yup, the architecture designer in me came out a few times.
We also managed to make a trip to the Airstream capital of the world….about 20 minutes from Tampa. However, oddly enough every time we got GPS directions everything was 12 or 13 minutes away! Also, FL is way to flat for me….I missed landmark like hills or even a distant mountain.
It was tough leaving but Gabe was ready for this years ago, just needed to get through high school first. Have fun and we’ll be down when it starts snowing!
We celebrated JMan b-day a few days back. Here’s a few photos I snapped.
Happy Birthday JMan and many more to come. BTW….we did have real food before the fun food!
Top left clockwise.
1. Friday nights ale. Don’t believe the name as it’s 8.5% so how could it be a FUNCRUSHER! Good stuff and exactly what I needed at the end of this week.
2. Drawer slide brackets that went out of production 30 years ago. A good friend said his 80 plus year old mom needed to replace some cabinet parts but could not find then. I measured up an existing one and printed a bunch on my 3D printer.
3. Once to get the plate you’ll get the picture. Spotted in 495 north.
4. JMan sampling some imported soda at a local Chinese restaurant.
5. Jammy Pants ale! The label was much better than the ale. Looked like thick Cranberry juice coming out of the can…yup its deep red/purple and it tasted like cough medicine. If my better 1/2 had not paid $5 for it I’d have tossed it. I can truthfully say that Bud Light would be better.
My much better 1/2 surprise me with a day at the American Heritage Museum in Stow MA for Father’s Day.
I was trying for years to get over there but never quite made it. We first took in an antique car show with some great looking classics from the thirties. They sure don’t make them like they used to.
I didn’t take any photos of the drive by but snapped a few after the cars were returned to their garage.
After the cars we checked out some airplanes….and a few modern race cars. This place really has something for every type of gear head.
The tank ride was a complete surprise and definitely a lot of fun. JMan and I rode up top and GMan got in the hot seat next to the driver. He got to steer a few time during our excursion. Other than starting and stopping the ride was very smooth, along the lines of a very heavy farm tractor.
Too bad the 50 cal was not working, it would be a hoot to create some brass rainbow while cruising around.
Go here for additional information on the M24 Chaffee Tank.
For more information on the American Heritage Museum click this.
Gabriel’s high school graduation ceremony was today. It was great event that everyone enjoyed. We could not be more proud of Gabriel. A lot has changed in the last 4 years and especially in the last one.
Come fall he’ll be heading south to college.
April 18th 1986 I stepped onto a plane in Dublin Ireland with a return ticket I was fairly certain I would not use.
Today I’m 35 years in America. Apparently I did not use that ticket!
Thanks for nothing New England